And so we come to the end of round one, and the midway stage of the competition. Things open today with Dark, Netflix’s first German-language series, talked about plenty in the SpoilerTV comments particularly over the last year. It’s here as a seeded finished show and was eliminated in the second round last year. How to Get Away With Murder returns after a four-year absence. It recorded a best finish of 11th back in its last appearance in 2016, so its being missing since is strange. The comeback is not, with the series wrapping in May.
Once Upon a Time had one of the best debuts back in 2012, runner-up to Castle, but hasn’t cracked the top ten since and has a trio of first-round exits. That includes last year, and as we enter the third competition with the ABC drama as a finished series, its chances of success feel slimmer. Stranger Things has a very underwhelming record given its worldwide love, reaching the second round from 2016-18 but eliminated at the first last year. Season three aired only weeks before the 2019 edition, which makes it even weirder.
A reminder of the rules:
1) Two shows will go into battle in a poll, where after exactly 24 hours, the leading show will win the battle and will progress into the next round. Each poll will open at 12pm ET on a given day.
2) Vote for your favourite and spread the word with your friends & fans.
3) One vote per person per poll.
4) Comment on what you voted for on in the comments below.
5) Have fun. This is a friendly & competitive competition. Please do not start attacking other fans or fangroups in the comments, because this really isn’t what this competition is about.
Click here to view the draw in a new window
Don’t forget to Facebook, Tweet, and share the poll with your friends! The more people that you get to vote, the better chance your favourites will win!
Remember to check back tomorrow for the start of round two!